25 December 2010

Christmas In Our Classroom!

I know! I know! I'm a slacker with the blog. But, after all, it IS Christmas and super busy for all. I have many pictures to share. FIRST, I want my readers to know that I am working diligently to post my copy of our Christmas play, Barb and Bob Humbug. I WILL figure it out and post it. It may take a few tries but I'm fairly certain that I can do it. Even if it takes me all the way to February, it will be here. Patience is a virtue, after all.

So, for now, I'll post some pictures from our class Christmas party last Tuesday. Once again, thank you to Mrs. Lillico for organizing the treats and such. Mrs. Yergensen brought some delicious hot (VERY hot) chocolate, and Mrs. Stuver sent cheese and crackers.

We played a little gift exchange game. Everyone sat in a circle. The first child chose a present from the stack and opened it. The next child could either take the present that the first person opened OR choose another unknown gift to unwrap. And, so on around the circle. It was great fun and everyone was happy with their end product. I was AMAZED that some moms even sewed the gifts! Overachievers! (and, I loved it)

I also LOVE my students. Each and every one of them has individual traits that I just adore so much. It is such a pleasure and privilege to GET to spend five days a week with these children.

Merry Christmas!


Tayla ended up with this set of ceramic thingys and paint.
Rebeca traded for this HUGE art set but eventually
lost it to clever Alex who ended up with the set by "stealing" it from Rebeca.
He loved it. I've never seen him so happy.

Casey deciding what to do with his gift.

Janey picked her own gift which was three books.
Bryan ended up with the game,
Don't Break the Ice.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!
When all of the gifts were open, Alex went around the room
and picked up all of the trash.
Then he posed for this adorable picture.

Soon, others followed suit performing their own little Santa moment:

Janey

Anthony


Marley

Here is the hot chocolate and cheese and crackers I told you about earlier.
The children each received a little bag from Aurora
filled with a notebook, a pencil, and some candy.

Two little friends: Alex and Anthony


...and the best little present around, Anthony!


2 comments:

  1. We love your blog. It's so fun to look at all the pictures. Thanks for doing this -- I know it's extra work but we appreciate it!

    It looks very fun to be in your class!

    Karen Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen. I have a lot of fun keeping you all updated. I adore my little band of children.

    ReplyDelete